This year we are in a smaller satellite league run by Dave Mann from Derby Runner. The main points of interest are:
1. This is a team event. There are 13 clubs competing in this league.
2. There is no limit to the number of runners a club can enter.
3. The first 8 men and 4 women to finish count towards the clubs score.
4. The races are generally 5 to 6 miles long, and usually include hills, uneven ground and mud.
5. All races are on Sunday morning, generally one per month from October to March, but in this new league there is no race in December. But we do have the option of Bradgate Park race, in the old league, just for the fun.
As this is a team event, the club pays the entry fees, so what more do you want ! Give it a try; most people come back for more.
Although the races can be competitive, they are fairly low-key events with a good friendly club atmosphere. The courses are usually proper cross country, so muddy and hilly. Results are usually finalised after the race in a nearby pub.
The dates for the 2018/19 league are as follows:
21st Oct. (Anslow), 11th Nov. (Foremark Res.), 20th Jan. (Allestree Park), 10th Feb. (Sinai?), 10th Mar. (?)
As there are no junior races with this new league, the races will start at 10.30, except for 11th. Nov.(11.02).
Although we will not be competing as a team in the old league, we are still welcome to compete as “guests”.
We had our best ever results last season, and hope to do even better this. But it all depends on you !!!
Details of the coming season Cross Country races will appear here and on the run list